May 02, 2016
Assalam u Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh.
We the board thank each and everyone of you for your generous contribution and support. May Allah (SWT) bless your families and grant you all Jannat ul Firdous.
Below is an update about NWICC (Masjid al Kareem) along with a financial update.
2015 Financial Update
• Alhamdulillah, we had a very successful fundraiser. With the help of Allah over 100 people donated/pledged close to $200,000. mostly everyone that pledged has either paid or are currently making payments.
• We used the money from the fundraiser, membership, and donations to pay the community loan in full; construct and finish Phase II of our project.
• Phase II cost $154329.14
• Alhamdulillah we have $ 25,000 in the Masjid’s bank account.
• NWICC collected $2,345 for Building Blocks annual Food drive.
• NWICC collected $10,671 for AMCC (U of M Muslim Students Association.
• NWICC collected $14,921 for Araha to build a water well that was named after NWICC and to support orphans. (please ask for pictures of the well and it will be provided)
• NWICC collected $3,615 for the Syrian relief efforts in partnership with IRUSA (Islamic Relief USA)
• NWICC collected $4,735 for IOCP annual food drive.
My beloved Brothers and Sisters, it is with the help of Allah and your efforts that we are able to call this Masjid our own today and we are able to help those in need among us and around the world. I pray to Allah that he increase your Imaan and your Wealth and give you the guidance to keep up the good work that you do for your Ummah and for those around you.
NWICC (Masjid al Kareem) Update.
• Alhamdulillah we held successful daily Ramadan Iftars and Taraweeh prayers at Masjid al Kareem led by our Volunteer Imam Hesham Hassam.
• The Masjid is open for daily prayers and Jummah. Currently we hold 2 Jummah prayers one at 12:00pm and the other at 1:00pm.
• We offer Qur’an and Islamic Studies for our youth on Saturdays and Sundays. over 50 students are enrolled in the Qur’an program and over 130 students enrolled in our Sunday School.
• We offer family Halaqah’s on Friday. All families are encouraged to attend.
• We are offering an IRG program for our youth this year to prepare our next generation of leaders. They are currently focused on numerous projects such as, making get well cards for kids in the hospital, partnering up with IOCP in order to have a successful outreach program, starting a boys and girl scouts, presenting Islam to large groups of non Muslims, engaging in interfaith dialog, and much more
Inshallah as we keep growing we will offer other services that will help our fellow members and surrounding communities/neighbors. Our plan to add additional classrooms has come to reality with the help of Allah and with your support. Our children are able to study in classrooms that are not over crowded. Our plan for 2016 is to complete Phase III and to successfully add a daycare facility.
February 09, 2014
Thank you for your generous contribution and support. May Allah reward you and your family for what you do for the sake of Allah (SWT). We are very grateful for Allah’s (SWT) blessings.
We want to provide you with an update about NWICC and also a financial update.
2013 NWICC UPDATE
· We held Ramadan Iftars and Taraweeh prayers at our Masjid. Taraweeh prayers were led by Hafiz Hesham Hassan.
· Our annual fundraiser was held on July 20th and Imam Siraj Wahhaj was our guest speaker.
· Helped raise money for COTA (Omar). Directly collected over $8,000 for this cause. A number of our community members donated additional amounts to COTA.
· Collected and distributed close to $14,000 in Zakat.
· We offered Islamic alternatives for our community programs during Halloween and Christmas.
· The Masjid is open for daily prayers and Jummah prayers (on average over 150+ people attend). Offered 2 Jummah prayers during Ramadan.
· We offer Quran and Islamic Studies classes for our youth on Saturdays and Sundays. Over 50 students are currently enrolled in the Quran program and over 80 are enrolled in Sunday school.
· We continue to offer family halaqas on Fridays.
· We have added math tutoring classes and also conducted the 2nd annual Health Expo for our community.
· Hire a full-time Imam by early April 2014, Inshallah.
Inshallah as we keep growing, we will offer other services that will help our members and surrounding community.
2013 FINANCIAL UPDATE
· We had a very successful fundraiser. 86 people donated/pledged $160,000. Alhamdulillah most everyone that pledged has either already paid or is currently making payments. We collected $117,000 and $43,000 is remaining to be collected.
· We used the money that we collected from the fundraiser to bring the original Ijara loan down from $383,000 at beginning of the year to $286,000. We are also using some of the pledges and donations for phase initial 2 renovations (dining area and classrooms).
· Our current membership count is at 92 and we also have 10 people that are making extra payments towards paying the loan off.
· Allhumdulillah we have $121,000 in the NWICC accounts as of the end of 2013. After projected expenses for initial phase 2, taxes, and Imam, we are expecting the balance to be $30,000.
Thank you for your support. May Allah reward you and your family, Inshallah. Ameen.